We form many attachments on this earth plane. Some attachments are karmic and exist outside this space-time, such as soul mates and spirit mates. Even with relationships that are healthy and a true asset to our quality of life, we can and do create unhealthy energy attachments. Some of this would include subtle power struggles between spouses. Unconsciously, fear and insecurities create a fertile bed for unhealthy energy cords to be anchored into our partners. We or our partner may love this person so much we fail to hold clean boundaries and are willing to allow the cords to be anchored in us as we unconsciously but willing give our energy to our partners.
During break up or relationship difficulty, fear is heightened and the attempt to control becomes more prevalent. Our guilt, mind chatter, or being un-centered makes it easy to invite unhealthy anchoring of cords.
Sexual activity and sexual thoughts, even with people we haven’t personally met such as online chats, can open you energetically to connecting with the energy field of another in an unhealthy way. We seek wholeness. We feel separated and alone. It is a natural thing to reach out and desire connection and wholeness. Until we raise our awareness to the point where we are fully awake, it would be important to maintain your life force energy and personal boundary by clearing unhealthy cords. It is a relatively simple exercise and meditation and can be done frequently.
Just as easily as we get unhealthy cords into our body, we reach out with our own energy field and anchor into those with whom we have an emotional charge. This can be lovers, parents, siblings, bosses, employees, or neighbors. It is just as important to pull back our own cords and heal that, also. This is a loving exercise; it is not ours to place judgment on or condemn ourselves or others for placing cords.
It is important when releasing cords for you to send them or pull them back with gratitude. This is a very important step. Gratitude is such powerful vibration. This allows you to see things at the biggest picture. “What is there to be in gratitude about if the person who says they care and love me has been siphoning off my energy for who knows how long?” This is a question asked from the human point of view. Look at it from few levels up; it can’t happen unless we allow it at some level of our being. Go further out to eagle’s eye view. Sending gratitude allows surrender and appreciation to the life lessons learned at the soul level for the inner change that occurred between you and that other person. Most often those that are closest to us provide the largest opportunity for growth and healing. Someone less close would not be able to push our buttons and our triggers that shed light on our blockages. Gratitude is the energy or feeling that allows us to move with grace through our most intimate and intense relationships, seeing what needs to be healed within ourselves and making one more step forward on our personal journey to wholeness.
How to pull/retrieve cords:
1. Get comfortable and be supported, such as sitting or lying down.
2. Begin to notice your breath.
3. Imagine you can breathe through the souls of your feet or through the bottom of your torso.
4. Breathe upward and blow the breath out the crown of the head toward your lap.
5. Allow a gold ball to begin to form in your lap.
6. Continue breathing from beneath your body and out your crown in the circular breath until a large ball is formed.
7. Know that the ball of light is exactly what you need and you have enough.
8. Begin to feel around with your hands…either imagine it or use your hands to feel cords coming into OR out of your body.
9. Pull each cord out of your body very gently and see it unwind or unravel into white light; OR
gently imagine pulling each cord back to you very carefully, letting it disconnect from wherever it is anchored and come back fully into your body.
10. When all cords are pulled, take the ball of gold light in your hands.
11. Bring the ball of light into your body completely until all the holes left from the cords glow or fill completely with healing light OR bring the ball of light into your body completely, allowing all of the places in your body where the energy was extended to be very gently healed and soothed.
12. When you are complete and know that you are complete, open your eyes on the exhale.